Miami Springs Alimony Attorney

Miami Springs Alimony Attorney

Obtaining and/or Defending Against Alimony Demands

A Florida Family Law Attorney With Over 30 Years Experience

At the Law Offices of John Elias, located in Miami Lakes and Pembroke Pines, I can help you obtain fair and equitable alimony payments in order to protect your standard of living. For over 30 Years, my legal practice has been dedicated entirely to family law. I am extremely familiar with the local legal system and will provide you with an honest assessment of what you can expect.

Contact me at 305-558-4933 or 954-392-1501 to discuss my family law services.

Types of Spousal Support 

The details of every divorce is unique. Fortunately, there are several types of alimony awards that can cater to a variety of different situations. These options include: 

  • Temporary: When the divorce process is in its beginning stages, temporary alimony orders can be placed into effect in order to bridge the disparity between each spouse’s income. 
  • Durational: This type of alimony is to be awarded when permanent periodic alimony is inappropriate to provide a party with assistance for a set period of time following a marriage of short duration of time. Except under exceptional circumstance, the length of the award may not exceed the length of the marriage. 
  • Permanent periodic: Lifelong alimony orders can be put in place upon the dissolution of a long-term marriage in which there is a large disparity in income between the spouses. 
  • Lump sum: A lump sum alimony payment may be justified in combination with a permanent or durational spousal support when a payer spouse cannot pay alimony over a long period of time, cannot verify what they can pay, is a flight risk or is going to retire. 

Also, I can alter the division of assets in order to lower and/or increase the size of alimony payments if divorcing parties have large amounts of assets at their disposal. 


When there is an increased or decreased ability on the part of one party to pay alimony or the other party has increased or decreased needs, I can help you modify existing spousal support orders. Contact me to discuss your legal concerns with a knowledgeable lawyer.

Spanish and Arabic language services are available.